The Best Strawberry Muffins Recipe From Scratch
I love strawberries and I love muffins. Grab your spatula and muffin pans, because we are making the best Strawberry Muffins ever.
Muffin recipes are quick to make, because they are considered quick breads. Quick breads don’t need yeast or kneading, which makes them quick and easy. And best of all, they are delicious!
There’s nothing better than fresh strawberries. For a low calorie and all natural breakfast, you will enjoy my recipe for Strawberry Almond Muffins. The recipe includes fresh strawberries, applesauce and oatmeal, so you know that they are healthy.
It’s very satisfying to know that you make your own muffins. These muffins don’t have any preservatives like store bought muffins. And the portion size is normal for a muffin. One muffin is one serving and only 186 calories. Some store muffins have 500 calories. Be careful. These muffins are so good that you may be tempted to eat two.
If you are watching your weight, eat one muffin for breakfast and add a scoop of Greek yogurt or a handful of your favorite nuts for protein. This quick, on-the-go breakfast is balanced and tasty. One muffin also makes a healthy, low calorie snack.
Out of fresh strawberries? Substitute whatever fresh fruit you have in the kitchen. Blueberries or peaches are awesome. Are you out of almond extract? Substitute vanilla extract.
Check out my website at https://www.ruthfrechman.com/ for Ruth’s Best Weight Loss Tips.
For expert weight loss tips during COVID 19, click: Corona Virus: Avoiding the Quarantine 15.
Do you find yourself emotional eating? Then check out my video: Coping With Corona Virus.
If you haven’t already subscribed to my YouTube channel click the link: YouTube
What’s Cookin’ Good Lookin!
Strawberry Almond Muffins
- Muffin Pan
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk your choice of milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup oil your choice of oil
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 2 tsp almond extract vanilla extract if you prefer
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries, chopped save ¼ cup strawberries to top muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Whisk together the flour, brown sugar, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk, egg, oil, applesauce, almond extract
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently stir together with a spatula until there are no flecks of flour
- Gently stir in ½ cup of the strawberries into the muffin mixture
- Fill the muffin pan with the muffin batter
- Garnish the muffins with the remaining ¼ cup of strawberries.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Let the muffins cool for a few minutes before removing them from pan. After thoroughly cooled, the muffins can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer