Tomato Chipotle Jam on Puff Pastry
|Tomato Chipotle Jam|
Want to try a unique but tasty recipe? Try my recipe for Tomato Chipotle Jam. It’s slightly sweet with a refreshing hint of heat.
It all started when I received a jar of Chipotle jam, as a gift. For fun, I spread it on toast with peanut butter. When it was my turn to bring an appetizer for my monthly bunco group with all women foodies, I decided to experiment and try a savory version of the Chipotle jam.
The results were Delish! I ended up with Tomato Chipotle Jam. I used a cookie cutter to make the puff pastry a little fancy, but thin slices of toasted French bread or crackers will work, as well..
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Chipotle powder
- 4 teaspoons pectin
- 1/2 package frozen puff pastry
- Heat fry pan. Add olive oil. When oil is hot, saute the shallots, onions and salt.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the pectin and simmer for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Stir in the pectin and simmer gently for 3 minutes while stirring.
- Cool and refrigerate.
- Thaw and unfold 1 sheet of puff pastry. Cut into shapes and bake according to the directions on the package.
- Spread jam on puff pastry.