Apple Cranberry Crisp
|Apple Cranberry Crisp|
Try this tasty cancer fighting dessert! Thanks to the American Institute for Cancer Research for sharing!
This easy, colorful recipe is a favorite way to get lots of delicious flavor from the apples, cranberries and walnuts, plus enjoy their many nutrients, fiber and cancer-fighting phytochemicals.
- Canola oil spray
- 7 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. butter, softened or trans fat-free margarine
- Frozen low fat vanilla yogurt (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat medium shallow baking dish with canola oil spray. Place apples and cranberries in dish and gently toss together. In medium bowl, combine brown sugar, oats, flour, nuts and butter. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture on top of fruit. Bake until apples and cranberries are bubbly and tender, about 50 minutes. Transfer dish to wire rack to cool slightly. Serve warm with frozen yogurt, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Per serving: 268 Calories, 8 g Total Fat (3 g Saturated Fat), 50 g Carbohydrates, 2 g Protein, 4 g Dietary Fiber, 9 mg Sodium.
Leave a Reply
Your email is safe with us.